video card question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mshabsovich

i have a 9800pro in my pc right now. i just found a pci video card (ati all in wonder) i am not shure which model it is but i know it is an older one. i think it is an ati 3d rage 2+DVD. it is a pci card. my question is weather i can use my 9800 pro as my video card and use the 3d rage as only a tv tuner? would it conflict or would it work just fine?

pugmug

Banned
I know you can use a pci card to reflash a bad bios on an agp card but as most mobo's tell you to pick agp or pci as primary vid adapter depending on what type of card you install and after disableing on board video,I would not think it would run very well if at all.Some mobo's have sli which let you run two vid cards at the same time but they need to be the same type cards.If you do try it come back and let us know how it works out as my interest in this question is there also with yours.

plus ati cards don't/can't use sli :eek:

why dont you just sell both of those cards (try ebay) and buy a 9800 pro aiw? best of both worlds then innit? :D

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
You might be able to do this, give it a try if you want. Many people run two video cards for dual monitors and the such. You need to find the latest drivers for the card, hopefully the software does exist for Windows XP as this card was way before that time.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
An ATI Rage card would be worth next to nothing for sale.

Triple6 said:
You might be able to do this, give it a try if you want. Many people run two video cards for dual monitors and the such. You need to find the latest drivers for the card, hopefully the software does exist for Windows XP as this card was way before that time.

??? two cards without sli? (im not counting ati's equivilent, "crossfire")

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Yes, it has been possible to use two video cards independently for a long time. This is in one way similar to SLI or Crossfire.

pugmug

Banned
Both ATI cards,one Radeon,one Rage,two different sets of drivers.May work but I think you are asking for alot of troubles.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online