1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jimboy, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimboy

jimboy Thread Starter

I was wondering, what is the equivalent speed/performance of Geforce 6800GS AGP (unlocked pipelines to 16) to ATI Radeon Products?

2. Compiler

Compiler

It is Much faster or much slower.... Usually slower.

You need to specify what products. Its easily faster than a 9200... but is toasted by the HD2900.

Depending on your hardware, it maynot be worth upgrading without doing the whole PC as AGP is pretty much dead. No new AGP cards for the high end. Some of today's $60 PCIe cards will kill that 6800gs.

3. jimboy

jimboy Thread Starter

Yup, I know AGP is dead but Im stuck at 939 board with a AGP. So my option is to buy an upgrade for my Videocard. I was looking for ATI X1650Pro. Is it worth an upgrade?

4. Compiler

Compiler

5. brite750

brite750

there are rumors that the 3850 may come out in a agp flavor but who knows

6. Compiler

Compiler

Like HD-DVD.... AGP needs to die. But unlike HD-DVD... AGP worked very well for the time and lasted us about 10 years.

I doubt the ATI 3850 will ever come out for AGP. The most recent/powerful AGP from ATi is the HD2600 series (GF8600 performance) - and with the age of AGP systems - they would always bottleneck the system. They discontuned the X1900s for AGP as they were expensive and anyone willing to spend that kind of money ($300+) would just replace their computer.

The 7900gs is the fastest AGP from the nvidia camp. There are no AGP GF8xx0 cards.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/670242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice