1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video card sleep issue during games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lanoth, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanoth

lanoth Thread Starter

I recently have been having issues with my video cutting out on my during videogames. My monitors would go into sleep mode randomly. Sometimes it happens right away once I enter a match, and sometimes I can go for hours and have it not happen. This happened with my on a BFG GTX 280 oc and I thought it was the videocard. Having replaced it with a more expensive EVGA gtx 570 that I payed around 350$ for I thought the issue would be resolved. I was wrong. I usually play video games like World of warcraft, League of legends, and bloodline champions, and it always seems to happen more quickly if I am playing in fullscreen, compared to a window such as 1240X1040. Even more so I have left world of warcraft open, but minimized in the background while I browse the internet, and my video will cut out on me.

It is EXTREMLY frustrating. I have contacted the game manufacturers and I can find no one else that has this issue.

It would be wonderful if I could get this solved. I have posted on other forums but no one ever has an answer.

These are my system specs.

EVGA X58 SLI LE Intel X58 Socket LGA1366 MB

Intel Core i7-920 2.66Ghz 8M LGA1366 CPU (with water cooling)
    ~cpu temp usually idles at 28c, under load of around 38c~

Kingwin Mach 1 800w ATX Modular Power Supply

Corsair Dominator 6144MB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz (six sticks X2gb)

HITACHI 1TB SERIAL ATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 1280MB GDDR5 PCIe

Windows 7 X64

3 120mm case fans, 1 140 mm case fan.

2. lanoth

lanoth Thread Starter

3. lanoth

lanoth Thread Starter

bump, anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976094

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice