1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card Sometimes MIA After Boot Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cmac1212, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cmac1212

cmac1212 Thread Starter

When I shut down my computer completely, leave it for awhile, then come back later and boot up, my system tells me that it couldn’t find my video card. Next it attempts to install some drivers saying it found new hardware and so on. To fix this i just shut down the computer, remove one of the two pci-e power connectors and reconnect it again, then boot up and everything is as it should be again.

I haven’t filled out my computer specs yet, so fyi:
    nvidia gtx 260
    nforce 750i ftw mobo
    700 watt pwr supply

any ideas?

thanks.

2. BG-0

BG-0

What brand and model is this "700 W PSU"?

3. cmac1212

cmac1212 Thread Starter

4. BG-0

BG-0

Okay, then there's enough actual power. If it's working properly. I would say either PSU or GFX is somehow defect.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755077

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice