1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card Trouble....very bad...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheNiceGuy, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNiceGuy

TheNiceGuy Thread Starter

Well I'm at a total loss here. I think my video card is shot. It's an ATI All-In-Wonder 8500DV, it's around 3 years old(had it since i built my computer in June of 2002). Well now it's virtually impossible to watch any videos on my computer and sometimes it doesnt even take that to crash my computer. Usually when it crashes now, it brings up a blue screen, which in short says there has been a severe problem with your atidvag2(i believe is right) and then says at the bottom of the blue screen "Dumping Physical Memory" and starts counting up and usually gets to 75 or 100 and then reboots. Does anyone have a suggestion for me? If i have to get a new card I'm content with that, even though i dont want to. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers about 3 times to no avail.

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

First off I would download driver cleaner, google it. It is a very good program that cleans out any remnants of ATI and other drivers. Read the "read me" that comes with it.

Reload your drivers.

Then download ATI tool and run it, just have it scan for artifacts. If ATI tool crashes then you would have a good indication it is a video card issue. Other things can cause the crash, but the "atidvag2" sounds like an ATI issue, matter of the fact it is an ATI issue.

I'd try some older drivers also. Maybe like the catalyst 4.6 set. The newer ones are aimed at the newer cards but they should still work. Sometimes they don't work as well as they should. Try these ideas and post back. Driver Cleaner is a very important part of what I asked you to try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice