1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video card upgrade help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rmv, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rmv

rmv Thread Starter

hi im planning on uprading my videocard from my current radeon x300/x550
    to something alot better i have a gateway 700gr computer with 1 gig ram and pci express.

i really want to get this card
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=321103&prodlist=pricegrabber

but there are too many things i dont know about PCs to know if it will work with my machine. if it will fit in my machine, and if my machine has enough power to run it. any help would be appreciated thanks

2. dez_666

dez_666

It appears as though you can get this. just be aware that if you get that card, you cant have anything in the slot directly BELOW it in your case. you should identify which slot is the PCI-E 16x slot on your motherboard and see if anything occupies it or the slot below it. post back if you find out :)

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

I would also bet you need to upgrade your psu for that card as pc makers never leave anything to spare in their units and this card probably has a minimum watt psu requirement you cannot meet with stock psu.

4. cfhpantera

cfhpantera

This card will push your Power Supply over the limit. You need a good quality power supply for that kind of hardware and despite that, I googled your PC model and you have a Pentium 4 processor which is going to present a huge bottleneck to that kind of horsepower so the processor will not be able to take full advantage of that cards ability.

5. rmv

rmv Thread Starter

any recomendations for the best card my pc can take advantage of? also any sugestions for power supplys? i am really hardware illiterate. thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice