1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rhapsody, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Thread Starter

My video card appears to be bad - no image can be viewed on my screen. My present card is an ATI Rage llC AGP 8mb - What could i poss upgrade this card to?

I know this is an old card - kids use this comp for school work and game play.

Thx,
    Rhapsody :confused:

2. Axiom911

Axiom911

you can upgrade to anything, just be sure your PC meets the graphics card's requirements...

3. winbob

winbob

And how do you know that the Monitor is not the Culprit?

Can you attach it to another PC to rule that out?

Can you swap the Video Card into another PC to rule that out?

At the current time you are merely guessing$$$.

4. Rhapsody

Rhapsody Thread Starter

NO - i am not just guessing here....

I have hooked up my 2nd Comp Monitor to the one that is not working and it too would not display any images - (2nd Monitor works fine on its own tower)

I have asked around on the forums and others thought it might be my video card and suggested that i switch out the Monitors to test it.

The Comp in question loads up fine but its Monitor will not display any images.

Any help is appreciated -

Thx,
    Rhapsody :D

5. brite750

brite750

1st thing you have to do is find out what video slot you have ie, agp1x 2x pro etc, once you know you can just go to a store and buy one, either online or other. Either check your mobo manual or download Everest Home edition (free) to tell you info about your board, we just need to know what type of agp slot it is for sure, voltages are different on newer cards.

6. brite750

brite750

7. winbob

winbob

Rhapsody,

Sorry, only know the info that you provide...and I don't assume anything more.

8. Axiom911

Axiom911

should have stated this on day 1... but did you uninstall the previous video drivers?? make sure if your computer has on board graphics to disable those.

9. Whaines

Whaines

lol, how could he with no video output? :p

Edit:
    Please post your system.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice