1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eadig, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Eadig

Eadig Thread Starter

With the new games demanding more from my video card im going to upgrade, I have a GA-K8NF-9 Gigabyte motherboard and its has DDR RAM I was wondering if i could upgrade my video card to a DDR2 video card, if I can't can you recommend really good video cards that my motherboard can handle perferably from this site http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.php?PageTag=&page=cat&memx_menu=216&SID= but if you have a better video card please post a link.
    Thank you.

2. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

3. Eadig

Eadig Thread Starter

I have a 400W power supply.

So does that mean the ddr2 memory video cards can work on my motherboard?

4. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

i would recomed upgradin to a 500W PSU atleast is you are plannin on gettin either of those cards.

I could find yah one if yah want, same site?

5. Eadig

Eadig Thread Starter

Yea you can find me one if you would like to.
    Just one question about the memory, does the memory you have on the video card only help with virtual memory?

6. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

7. Eadig

Eadig Thread Starter

Thank you for all your help.

8. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Don't mention it, any problems just post and I'd be happy to help all I can :)

9. Eadig

Eadig Thread Starter

would 8600 GTS work with a 400W power supply?, cause money is a bit of an issue so I would want to buy the video card then a couple months when i get some extra cash go buy a power supply.

10. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

I would just get both at the same time, there is no point paying the extra cash for a lesser card. Also, the 8600 uses about 200W at maxed out anyways so 400W may not be enough i'm afraid :(

11. phaedrus55

phaedrus55

Hey Goldfish92, i could use a little help as well. i wanna upgrade my video card in my new HP machine, and i was gonna go with the regular 8600, not the GTS. i definitely need to upgrade my PSU, cuz its only a 250-W PSU, but should i go with more than 400-W?

for more info on my machine, please check out a thread i created asking for help here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/632777-hey-i-need-some-help.html

i would really appreciate it, cuz i wanna get my machine up for some good gaming :)

12. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

I would atleast get a 550W PSU then you should be sorted, give me a site or store you want to use and I'll find you one if you want. :)

13. phaedrus55

phaedrus55

well, i work at Staples and could get one there, but when it comes to online shopping im partial to www.newegg.com but im also open to suggestions

thanks btw!

14. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Staples UK or USA

15. phaedrus55

phaedrus55

staples USA

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/632060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice