1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RGV312, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RGV312

RGV312 Thread Starter

What card out of the following will give me the greatest performance upgrade from my GeForce2 Pro 64mb card.. Geforce 2 TI 200, 500, Geforce4 MX 440, 460...
    thanks

Its an athlon 1200Mhz system w/ 256 MB ram..

Planning on upgrading mobo+cpu at the end of the year... either to fastest XP avalible or new Therobread processor....

I'm actually thinking about the TI 4200, but i didn't include that in with the others becasue it obviously blows them away...

2. Guy

Guy

I do NOT recommend a Geforce4 MX of any kind. They will most likely run very much faster than your current card and the hardware technologies they have are about the same as your geforce2. A geforce3 ti 500 or any card in the geforce4 ti series is good. Also, you might want to consider an ati radeon 8500 card.

Your best bet is to check out some reviews and benchmarks from sites like www.anandtech.com and www.tomshardware.com.

Good luck.

3. active95

active95

I would choose the Geforce 2 Ti 500 over the MX series anyday of the week.
    The order should be like this
    First if you can Geforce 2 Ti 500 , then Geforce 2 Pro , then Geforce Ti 200 , and last the MX series..
    HTH

4. RGV312

RGV312 Thread Starter

I'm sorry, I meant to put Geforce 3 TI 500, 200, not the geforce 2

sorry for the confusion

5. active95

active95

No problem :D, it's the same thing Geforce 3 Ti 500 then Geforce 3 Ti 200 and last the MX series.. You see the Geforce 4 MX 4400 is not better then a Geforce 2 MX , since it missing from the chipset important pieces which would make it up to par with the Geforce 3 Ti series ( if you want the whole lowdown, as in what is it missing and how it will benchmark check out www.anandtech.com, www.tomshardware.com , www.hardocp.com )
    HTH

6. compilerxp

compilerxp

The GeForce3 Ti500 isn't worth it anymore... considering that the GF4-Ti4200 is faster and cheaper.

They cost about $175~225

For low cost and good power - get the 64mb version. It'll smoke everyting else you listed.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/81664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice