1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card Vista start used to be Windows 7 Start - windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Josh2003, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh2003

Josh2003 Thread Starter

I have a video card that used to boot up in windows 7 - but know this computer with a GeForce 9500GT video card boots up with the Vista boot up logo.

I found out this was the video card because I have another card with another GeForce video. I took the swapped the video cards, and the indication changed. The original computer booted with the windows start up screen. And the test computer booted up with the vista boot up screen.

I was told by a local computer repair facility this had something to do with video drivers. I tried what the organization suggested and uninstalled all video drivers (I used generic Windows 7 Video Drivers). Then the organization recommended downloading the latest video drivers for the GeForce 9500GT.This video card has 512GBytes of memory. I did this. Then I was told to install the newly downloaded video drivers. I resrted the computer with the Vista login screen with windows 7 operating system, and the vista login screen was displayed.

I also purchased a new GeForce video card with 2 GBytes of DDR2 memory, and installed this in two different computers with the same vista start up with windows 7.

Can you provide any insight why this would occur?

Can Tech Support provide some sense to this issue.

Thank you for your support.

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Tom:
    Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.
    No disrepect intended, but I have never encountered a video card that will boot up in Windows.
    Please run this forum's sys info utility & post the results.
    http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

Here's the method I use to update drivers.
    Download the driver from the graphic card's manufacturer
    2nd choice, from the chipset manufacturer
    3rd choice: Windows update
    Download Driver Sweeper from Guru3D if the chipset is nVidia or ATI
    Install Driver Sweeper
    control panel > upper right, set "view by" to "large icons"
    Select the driver & uninstall it
    Boot to safe mode
    Run Driver Sweeper
    WITHOUT rebooting, run the driver install program
    Reboot; this time to normal mode.

HTH

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088247

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice