1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video card

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Alweva, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alweva

Alweva Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2390 @ 1.86GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 3 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 160796 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0H279K
    Antivirus: Symantec AntiVirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

When I open a game such as solitare a popup appears advising that hardware acceleration is off or I need a video card driver. I recently had to replace the hard drive due to the old one went bad. On my wife's computer account all the icons are huge. It says above that the graphics card is Mobile intel... but when I look in the computer it says vga save. I need help getting this issue corrected. Thanks in advance

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to the information that you submitted, I'm guessing you have a Dell Studio 1535 laptop.

When a hard drive is replaced and Windows is reinstalled in it, some or all of the device drivers need to be installed afterwards.

Because the graphics driver for the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset device obviously hasn't been installed, that device is currently running in limited VGA mode.

Go here to download and save the R181156.exe file.

After it's been downloaded and saved, close all open windows first, then double-click it to start the install process.

Restart the computer, if prompted to, so the install process can finish.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice