Video Card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tiera

I recieved a Video card for christmas and it said that i have to my current intergrated graphics first and it asked me to use bios and refer to my computer manual to do so.

Hm....bit of a lack of info, but here goes.

Ok, to install the new vid card, you will need to enter BIOS on bootup and disable the onboard integrated video (if there is any...if you already have a separate video card, then it will not need doing...just go ahead and swap the cards). BIOS is usually accessed via the DEL key during the detection stage of boot up..it will normally say something like 'Press DEL key to enter setup' or similar. Do that, then find the part about graphics...I don;t know what BIOS you have, so can't really help you there. You will need to read the manual that came with the machine.

Scorp.

kidcnote

Banned
tiera said:
I recieved a Video card for christmas and it said that i have to my current intergrated graphics first and it asked me to use bios and refer to my computer manual to do so.
Go to System Properties>Click on Hardware>Devise Manager>Display Adapters> Then click that and you should see your current onboard or whatever you have and cklick that and you'll see "Uninstall" Click that then shut off your puter, install your new vid card in the AGP or PCI slot (I assume you already know which it is ) and take the Monitor plug (15 pin blue) out of the spot it's plugged in now and replug it into your vid card...Turn your puter back on and hopefully all is well in mudville :p

kidcnote said:
Go to System Properties>Click on Hardware>Devise Manager>Display Adapters> Then click that and you should see your current onboard or whatever you have and cklick that and you'll see "Uninstall" Click that then shut off your puter, install your new vid card in the AGP or PCI slot (I assume you already know which it is ) and take the Monitor plug (15 pin blue) out of the spot it's plugged in now and replug it into your vid card...Turn your puter back on and hopefully all is well in mudville :p
The only problem with this approach is that if you don't disable it from BIOS, and force the use of the AGP or whatever, windows will immediately detect the default item (onboard) and install that, no matter what you do.

Scorp.

kidcnote

Banned
CS.Scorpion said:
The only problem with this approach is that if you don't disable it from BIOS, and force the use of the AGP or whatever, windows will immediately detect the default item (onboard) and install that, no matter what you do.

Scorp.
I just did it that way with my new GeForce FX and my card works flawlessly..Prosavage has been replaced with Nvidia in the display adapter...:cool:

Ok then, I'll take your word for it :D

I'll keep it in mind for future answers...lol

S.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online