1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video card

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 24giovanni, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 24giovanni

24giovanni Banned Thread Starter

I have another prob with my video when looking at web sites. I have a yellow ! on my video card in device manager. I tried to re-installing it using win 2000 cd to no avail. How can I fix this please. It is a hp manufactred that cam with my HP presario 7360 PC. I looked ON HP site as well and called HP and they told me anything 2000 or older you have to call MS which will charge me. I tried belarc to find out what kind of video card I have but it doesn't list it. Any other ideas? Again, Any help is appreciated.

oh, and trident entgraphics intergrated video card is the type of video card. I need drivers.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Well with out the make and model number of the video card it is going to be a bit difficult to help you with this one. Also you can purchase another video card and install it and when you do this it will shut off the on-board card and use the new card.

If you need help with this one please give the make and model number.

3. 24giovanni

trident entgraphics intergrated video card is what HP told me. There are no numbers involved.

4. 24giovanni

Let me add that I installed a new OS on this computer. The video card worked fine when the OS was win98. I have a recovery disk for win98. Could I possibly get the drivers off that and put it on win 2000 OS?

5. Elf-stone

Elf-stone

It looks like you're out of luck with Win2000 drivers. Both the HP site and DriverGuide only have 9x drivers.
    And no, Win98 drivers won't work on a Win2000 machine.

6. 24giovanni

Just what i thought. Thank you.

7. 24giovanni

I assume if I had another video card and install it in its own slot I could get it work that way. Am I correct on that?

8. Elf-stone

Elf-stone

You're welcome. Sure, as long as you have the Windows 2000 drivers for it.

9. 24giovanni

Elf, please see my PM to you.

10. 24giovanni

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice