Video card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stargirl2525

I have a Dell 400mhz computer, with 256megs of RAM. I am using Windows ME. I am having some problems with my display and have learn that the drivers for my video card are not ME compatable, in fact I can't even update them any more. I think it may be time for a new video card. The current one is FIRE GL. I do have an AGP slot and 100mhz bus speed. I'm probably forgeting something you need to know, but anyone have any ideas on a video card for me to purchase. I have no plans to get a new computer, since this meets my needs - which are some text and a little more graphic and games.
Thanks for any ideas.

My suggestion would be a 32 meg nVidia Tnt2. These run about $40 and are becoming almost standard on new computers, so you shouldn't have the problem of them not being supported in a future OS. For better gaming and 3d support you could try a Geforce card, they come in many different flavors

Stargirl2525

I forgot to add, I have a P II processor, I looked at a few card that say you mush have at least a PIII.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online