Video Card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CADCAM

I have an Hp 6370z w/ a 350 Pentium Processor, I am wanting to play video games (Nascar 4 ) on my pc. The game says it recommends 32mb video and my pc only has 8 mb. What video card would you recommend installing in my pc and how difficult is it to do.

It appears you don't have onboard video but rather a standard agp card, at least what I can tell from hp.

I would suggest a gforce2/gforce2 mx400 or a gforce3 TI200

With the gforce 3 out the 2's are a little less expensive, the gforce3 ti200 is the lower version of the gforce 3, nice card but it will cost around $200 unless you can find a sale, we picked one up for $99.

Your new card will have installation instructions.

Basically change your display over to std vga, boot back into windows, remove the card from device manager, remove any third party video programs that may be installed. Shutdown, remove the current card, insert the new card, reboot, windows should find new hard ware and assist with installing new drivers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts