1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CADCAM, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CADCAM

CADCAM Thread Starter

I have an Hp 6370z w/ a 350 Pentium Processor, I am wanting to play video games (Nascar 4 ) on my pc. The game says it recommends 32mb video and my pc only has 8 mb. What video card would you recommend installing in my pc and how difficult is it to do.

2. brianF

brianF

It appears you don't have onboard video but rather a standard agp card, at least what I can tell from hp.

I would suggest a gforce2/gforce2 mx400 or a gforce3 TI200

With the gforce 3 out the 2's are a little less expensive, the gforce3 ti200 is the lower version of the gforce 3, nice card but it will cost around $200 unless you can find a sale, we picked one up for $99.

Your new card will have installation instructions.

Basically change your display over to std vga, boot back into windows, remove the card from device manager, remove any third party video programs that may be installed. Shutdown, remove the current card, insert the new card, reboot, windows should find new hard ware and assist with installing new drivers.

3. CADCAM

CADCAM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60382

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice