1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Cards and Dual Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sheik, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheik

Sheik Thread Starter

Currently I have an AGP Radeon card and an old PCI ViRGE card. I wanted to run dual monitors with the AGP card as primary but it seems that this isn't possible. If I was to get a new card what kind should I get? I would like an AGP card with VGA support for at least two monitors, are there cards that can handle two monitors? What are some of my options if I have 1 AGP slot and want to have multiple monitors?

Thanks

2. McTimson

McTimson

Why isn't it possible? I run with a Radeon 9600XT and an old 2MB Canopus Total3D PCI card at the same time...

Anyway, all you need is an AGP card with a VGA output and a DVI output, and you can get a DVI->CRT adapter to get the second monitor on. They usually come with the card, or if not, you can get them for like $15.

3. TeenCentral

TeenCentral

as McTimson said, perfectly possible :)

but some games dont like that :[email protected]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/204944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice