1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Cards keep going out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Major_Truth, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Major_Truth

Major_Truth Thread Starter

I have a system from 2006 still running Windows XP. This is not a gaming system, and there is nothing that is graphically intensive.

The video card is a GeForce card with a DVI connection that went out about a month ago, also corrupting the system file in the process. After reinstalling windows, I then hooked the monitor up to the integrated display adapter with a VGA connection. That worked for a couple of weeks, and now that went out as well.

What could be causing this ?

2. Dougx789

Dougx789

3. Major_Truth

Major_Truth Thread Starter

Well at the moment I don't have a way to see my computer info.

I would have to buy another video card for that, and if its the motherboard causing the problem, then another one will go out fairly quickly.

4. Dougx789

Dougx789

Do you have a make and model number?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If the integrated graphics has stopped working then I wouldn't be buying a new graphics card. Also how do you know it's just the integrated graphics and not the entire motherboard that has failed on you? Or it could be the power supply. Have you ruled out the original issue wasn't a power supply or more serious motherboard issue?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090436

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice