1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video chip

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by okinawabob, Apr 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okinawabob

okinawabob Thread Starter

I have an IBM Aptiva computer that someone sent to me but I am having problems with the video. I was losing parts of the screen and had lines all over the screen then it would freeze up. How can I tell if the video chip is bad on the mother board?

2. shekerra

shekerra

It may be that you have the wrong driver. Do you know what your video card is? You should probably boot up in safe mode and remove the video and monitor from device manager - then you would want to add the correct driver and make sure that the refresh is correct in display properties.

What type of monitor do you have? Many will take plug & Play.

>She

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/42021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice