1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video clip editing/altering

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by gatto, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gatto

gatto Thread Starter

Hi there
    Can anybody please tell me how I can add motion and still images to already finished video clip's-for instance say I want to add a image fading in across the screen of a music video clip or have a rose falling down the screen.
    On the otherhand how do I add a picture pasted into the clip, like pasting myself standing in the crowd or my photo appearing/showing on the stage big screen on the video clip.
    I would also please like to know how I can take a scene out of a dvd movie and incorporate that part into my video project.All the above also with option of added text.
    I am using pinacle studio 9+ for editing purposes & would appreciate it extremely if you guy's can help me.

P.S Sorry all,I have mistakenly selected a poll-promise to behave better in future.

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

Every NLE has specific ways to acheive your goals. I use Vegas video and this is how I would do it.

1. Create second track with image above video---play with compositing so that the image is seen to blend--for the rose falling down the screen--create the rose in photoshop , bring it in with a transparent background--set it on its own video track---then key frame the falling motion.

2. It's illegal to "take a scene from a DVD movie" and incorporate that into your video project--unless of coures you want to pay a fortune to the movie company--there is software that will do this but--as I said--its illegal.

3. gatto

gatto Thread Starter

Thanx 4 u'r reply-will try what u suggested & get back to you.

About the stealing of that copyrighted stuff, I'm off course just merely curious of how it's done,me - nahhh, will never dream of crippling the movie industry by using there stuff in my project's,we all know what hard times they go through.

But like u say,I suppose it's best to stay away from such matters.
    Again thanx for the tip's

4. linskyjack

linskyjack

I'm not making a moral judgement, only warning you that if your work is going to leave the confines of your home, then you put yourself at risk for some heavy fines. This of course also plays a role in any copyrighted material. I happen to agree with these laws because my work is my work that I sweat and wrestle and I would like to be paid for my efforts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/293559

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice