1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Clip Help

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Tumang2k, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tumang2k

Tumang2k Thread Starter

Hi All,

I recently recorded a video clip using my Fuji Digital Cam but somehow

the video turned sideways is there anything i can do to correct this ??

ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Tumang2k

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

Many NLE's will allow you to turn your clip (a la a rotation tool in an image editor) You can also do it with a product called Virtual Dub (free) They have a "flip" filter.

3. radiostar66

radiostar66

I don't know what you plan to do with the video but what you could do is if you have a simple video editing program like windows movie make you could fix it. Any video editing program will do but windows movie maker is the most user friendly. what you'd do id this...
    open windows movie maker>
    go- file> import into collections
    now that file is in your collections. Click and drag the clip (or numerous clips) onto your timeline on the bottom of the screen. Any clips on the timeline that you want to fix do this:
    Right click on clip that's on timeline > video effects. (add or remove video effects window should come up. then scroll down until you (find rotate 90). >Click add> then click OK. you might need to use (rotate 270) but I doubt it. Depending on what the video clip looks like it may be a little off. it may be a little to widebut at least it's facign the right direction.
    Now go file> save movie file> My computer (if you plan to store the file on yoru computer for later use) >click next. Choose a name for the file and where you want to save it.> click next.
    Now if you want just have the video clip on your computer to watch later and not email or edit it then choose "best quality for playback on my computer (reccommended)" Otherwise if you want to later email the video clip you'll want to pick something that'll make it a smaller file size. To do that you can click the "best fit to file size" option and choose you file size and it will make a selection for you. When you've made your decision, click next. The movie will start saving and when it's done you should have a video clip that's not sideways. Now I realize that there are easier ways of doing this I'm sure. However, I am not familiar with them. I know this seems like a long drawn out way of doing it but it does work. I hope this helped a little. If it were just an image then most imaging programs have a quick and easy "rotate 90" button. for video it's not as easy.
    Hope I helped.

4. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph

The problem with windows movie maker is that it only allows you to export to WMV files, so use VirtualDub to avoid problems with the largly unsupported codec called WMV.

5. radiostar66

radiostar66

Windows Movie maker allows you to export to AVI, you just need to know how.
    Providing what you plan to do with it it may not even matter if you need to export it to anythign else but WMV.
    To save as AVI
    when you save movie file under movie settings you have the option of using the reccommended setting, which is "best quality for playback on my computer" or you can click the text "show more choices..." after clicking that, select "other settings" use the drop-down menu to find [DV-AVI (NTSC)]. By saving your movie as that, you get an AVI movie file. That is if you need an AVI at all. if you're just saving it for later viewing purposes just choose the reccommended option. if you plan on editing it later in Windows movie maker then you can still choose teh reccommended option. But if you want to edit it in anything else other than Movie maker, choose DV-AVI. no other editing programs recognize WMV extentions.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/429891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice