1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video conferencing Solution.

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by rottdog300, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rottdog300

rottdog300 Thread Starter

I have been given a task at work to find a Video conferencing solution
    The Requirements are as follows
    HD
    Record ability of both video and audio
    Hopefully local only they are very strict with the bandwidth and don't want anything that's going to send out over the internet and back to the company.
    MAC or PC
    ichat over bonjour is out due to the fact it requires iTunes to record the videos. i was looking at FaceTime with an external app to record. They don't want a polycom as my manager was given a quote for over $9000 and he thinks he can do it cheaper himself
    I was thinking Facetime with imcapture since it will record and convert the videos
    i tried doing the polycom telepresence m100 but i couldn't seem to get it to work.

I hope you guys can help me and point me in the right direction. I'm a deskside guy so this is out of my comfort zone but i really want to find something that can please my boss since i'm new to the job.

2. Headrush

Headrush

Why not iChat with an external app to record also?

Both FaceTime or iChat would work and then just choose your recording software.
    There are many choices, the 2 I have used are: SnapzProX and iShowU and have found both work without issues.

The only question is do you need the recording to be automatic or will you rely on the user to start the capture?

3. rottdog300

rottdog300 Thread Starter

Well we honestly need something so simple a 2 year old could do it as we're not dealing with the brightest people. i checked out both of those programs but they seem to just record one persons screen or the other. Do you know of anything that will record both at the same time or is that even possible without using a server hosted solution.

4. Headrush

Headrush

Hmmm, didn't realize from your OP that you were looking to record both ends.

This definitely sounds like something that might require a server backend and a dedicated messaging system.

Unfortunately I won't be much help there.

5. video123

video123

Check out TStream Inc., http://www.t-stream.net
    HD video conferencing in HD, records both video and audio supports different video output formats including ipod,ipad,iphone and flash
    ItÂ’s a very impressive product at a low price

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!