1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Conferencing.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Aldryk, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldryk

Aldryk Thread Starter

I dont know if this is the right forum to ask this, if not, please refer me to the right one. Thank you.

Ok, I have a tough question..
    I wish to establish a full video and audio conference between 2 PC users and a Mac user...
    one of the PC users uses a DV camcorder as a webcam, connected through Firewire..
    We tried:
    Yahoo messenger - Mac & 1 PC users could see each other, but no sound, the other PC user with DV camcorder, could not view himself in yahoo messenger (yahoo didn't recognize it as a webcam).
    Oh, and Mac user couldn't type in the conference, only in one on one chat.
    MSN messenger - 2 PC users can see and talk with each other, Mac couldn't eastablish video connection.
    ISPQ - lots of problems... too many to specify here...
    We're gonna try ICUII and Cuseeme, but not sure how if it will work...
    The Mac user noted that apple has iChat... is there a PC version yet? (will there ever be?) or can we PC users use some other prog with his iChat?

Any help would be highly appreciated..

Aldryk.

2. joe2cool

joe2cool

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice