1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video crashes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by builder, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. builder

builder Thread Starter

Hi everyone,
    I'm having a problem which i hope someone can help with. my motherboard is a pc100 m598 board with onboard sound and video. onboard video is disabled and i'm using a 32 meg nvidia pci card. the motherboard supports usb and has a form card which has two usb ports, one ps2 port and an ir port. however when i enable usb support in the bios my video crashes

2. brianF

brianF

sounds like the usb is taking the irq the video card is on, just a guess.

Try putting your video card in a different pci slot, that should force it to a different irq. If that goes okay, then try and enable the usb again.

3. brianF

brianF

pm from user

thanks for the info . i'm running windows ME and i'm not sure where to look to see which irq addresses are being used by what equipment.maybe even if i could it wouldn't help because as soon as i enable usb support i no longer have proper video and it would make it extremely difficult to see if there's a conflict i'll try your suggestion and let you know if it cures the problem. thanks ralph l.

Please use the reply button to reply to the thread rather than the pm utility.

to find out what irq's are being used go to start/run/type msinfo32 and press enter, left hand frame, choose hardware environment, click on it, select irq's. A list of irq's will be displayed in the right hand frame.

If you want to post them go to the edit menu, choose select all, back to edit menu, choose copy, then paste into the thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice