1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Data: FOURCC/codec "IV50"

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by scully40800, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scully40800

scully40800 Thread Starter

:confused:
    Well, I have another one... this time I was trying to play an ep of the X-Files that I have watched before and it told me that I have unrecognized video data... FOURCC and need codec IV50 to let divx player read it... can anyone suggest a where I can find this codec or what you think the problem is? I am getting a little miffed at my divx player... LOL Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks so much. Oh, ps, I ran it through G-Spot and this was the read out:

The following codec should be capable of processing this format:

--> {Indeo® Video 5.2 Decompression Filter}(misconfigured! click on it for info)

DirectShow is apparently able to play the file as well (see "DirectShow Render", below),

but, to my knowledge, Indeo costs money... does anyone know where I might be able to get it for free?

and then, when I put it through render, this was the read out:

DirectShow partially succeeded to play file. The actual text of the error or warning is:

0x00040242: VFW_S_PARTIAL_RENDER - Some of the streams in this movie are in an unsupported format.

The following combination of filters were used:

{C:\Documents and Sett..-..h (Series Finale).avi} (Audio Source)
    {AVI Splitter} (Audio Splitter)
    {Morgan Stream Switcher} (Audio Post-processor)
    {Default DirectSound Device} (Audio Renderer)

I am very frustrated and once again, sleepless in seattle...

Jill :(

2. tsunam

tsunam

well it seems like it is now a licensed buying product, however you can get the codec from intel directly (since thru the licensing by a third company old versions had to still have support) here is the the link

that should hopefully fix it

you seem to be the new hot conversation starter ;) :p

3. scully40800

scully40800 Thread Starter

tsunman,
    thanks again for your help. I will try that and see what happens... LOL What do you mean about me being the new hot conversation starter? Because so many people are talking with me or are people talking about me that i should know about?? ;) Just wondering... LOL Talk to you later. thanks again!

~jill

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/249466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice