1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Display Problem after System Antivirus 2008

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Diane100, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diane100

Diane100 Thread Starter

SAV (System Antivirus 2008) infected my computer a couple of weeks ago - that is one EVIL virus. It's gone now (through self-directed instructions from "Spyware Remove") - that was before I knew about this forum! The manual removal instructions did involve getting into the registry editor, which I didn't realize risky for a beginner.

The problem now is my video display. Msn home page is very weird (no MSN logos or blue) and large print all over the place (pictures are OK), yet my icons at start-up and toolbars remain super tiny. Control panel display, view or fonts do not change a thing - just temporarily.

I'm sure the video drive (?) is damaged or gone. Of course, a couple of self-described computer "experts" have dabbled with it here at the office and both tried to identify and re-install a video driver. I do not have the original disc for this system anymore.

I have run a PC Audit through Belarc, Inc. and have the printout of my computer profile (missing 9 Hotfixes incidentally which I'm not sure how to reinstall).

Network drives: None detected
    Display: S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR (Display Adapter)
    Sceptre NagaII Monitor

I have the complete computer profile printed out if any other information is required.

Any help would be most appreciated!:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice