1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video display problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mt2002, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mt2002

mt2002 Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

Im currently helping out a friend with a video display problem. So far, we have tried two different video cards on 2 different mobos; but there is no display at all.

I swapped one of these video cards in my current machine (Which is a good computer)... but still, no display.

I swapped my good video card (The one I am currently using from the above good computer), and put it in one of the bad computers that is having the display problem....Still, no display; although it works fine in my pc.

All computers seem to boot fine; there is simply no display at all.

Could it be that both video cards are bad? If so, why doesn't my video card work in one of the 'bad' machines? Could it be that both pc's mobo's are bad? I am assuming so, but want to see if I can get some more opinions or options to try before jumping to that conclusion.

Thanks for any help!

2. Arcadion

Arcadion

It would help a bit if you told us something about the cards and motherboards you're using.

3. johnsonwk2

johnsonwk2

are you sure the display is good?

4. mt2002

mt2002 Thread Starter

My LCD works fine with my machine (and my video card.) However, placing one of the 'bad' cards in my machine yields nothing on the display. This, of course, makes me suspect the card is bad... But why would my card not work in their machines either?

I dont have both machines with me atm. I have one; I will see if I can get the motherboard type from it...

The video card I am currently testing it with is a e-GeForce 7900 GT

5. mt2002

mt2002 Thread Starter

Hm... when I was playing with the 'bad; machine, it failed to boot. After a few headaches I tested it with my good psu and it still failed to boot. I know the psu is good because it is in my machine that I am using as I type this post.

/me starting to suspect bad motherboards. I am still surprised how 2 mobos can die at the same time though...Unless the other pc does have another issue that I am not aware of..

6. ChuckE

ChuckE

You may have TWO problems.
    That video card, and that computer.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice