Video Driver Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RyanW2050

Well, I just reformatted my Dell Inspiron 8500 and everything was going smoothly.

I installed the newest Omega Driver for the nVidia GeForce4 4200 Go video card and it seemed fine.

World of Warcraft ran better then ever at ~40-50 FPS.

But randomly it DIES to like 2 - 5 FPS and stays there untill i restart the game.

So: I think "Install the regular nvidia drivers eh?"

Well, here is the problem.. for some reason i can install the OLD nvidia driver from the cd that came with the computer (years old)

But when i try to install the newest one from the site it says "The NVIDIA Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware."

Then it exits.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
RyanW2050

RyanW2050

timothye said:
you really dont want to install old drivers from the cd that came with the graphics card .. if you have an nVidia card go here and install the latest drivers for your card
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Yes, i tried that..

"Well, here is the problem.. for some reason i can install the OLD nvidia driver from the cd that came with the computer (years old)

But when i try to install the newest one from the site it says "The NVIDIA Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware.""

crjdriver

Did you install the chipset / mb drivers for you system before installing a video driver?

Have you updated to latest version of directX?

What os and what service pack level? Many new drivers will not install unless you have sp4 [win2k] or at least sp1 for xp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online