1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Driver Issue (Input not supported)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by razqua, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. razqua

razqua Thread Starter

Hi. So I'm not entirely sure what I did but I was using AMD Catalyst control center and I clicked on something and my monitor began displaying "Input not supported". I restarted my computer and once windows loaded up it began displaying it again. Ive been trying for some time now to find a solution. I found that safe mode does in fact work. If I go into safe mode I can delete my video drivers and restart my computer. At that point my computer will start normally and run normally for the most part(It seems I can't play games in this state). It will automatically reinstall my video drivers. Once the drivers are reinstalled and the computer restarts the problem begins again.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Try uninstalling AMD Catalyst in Safe Mode then see if it normal mode works ok.

3. razqua

razqua Thread Starter

Yeah. I already tried wiping every trace of catalyst from my system. That didn't seem to do it.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    It's probably using the basic windows graphics driver in safe mode but loading the AMD messed up driver and/or settings when it boots normally but they only take effect after another reboot.

Have you tried reinstalling AMD CCC ? Try that and if it fails try removing it again and then installing AMD CCC and the graphics drivers before restarting the computer.

5. donetao

donetao Banned

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice