1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bob Drummond, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Drummond

Bob Drummond Thread Starter

I purchased a new OEM PC which included Windows XP. I was already using Windows 2000 and am familiar with the older OS; I do not understand or like XP. The hard drive capacity on the new PC is 20GB. I purchased another hard drive with a 40GB capacity and installed it in the new PC, then loaded my W2K OS, but cannot take advantage of higher resolution in the display because the default is 16 colors, 480 x 640 resolution.
    My question is this: How can I identify and use the video drivers from the XP files and use that in W2K? I have been unsuccessful so far.

Thanks very much.
    Bob Drummond

2. rude

rude

You don't have to live with 16 colors, 480 x 640 resolution,you can change it.If you have tried and the system won't let you,then you need to get a new display driver,preferably from the manufacurer of your hardware.
    Go to Start/Control Panel/System,On the "Hardware"tab select "Device Manager".
    Click the + in front of "Display adapters".With that info you can go to the manufacurer's website and find an updated driver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224601

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice