Video Dumps Help Please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nvisible

Ok not sure what to trouble shoot here

my video keeps dumping out... let me explain every 5-10 minutes my video first freezes then it dumps out and comes right back...... I have no other video card to test... however i did watch system resources for ahwile and any time the machine peaks over 22% is when it dumps.... and it is only the video card. If i am typing and it freezes when it comes back it never missed a beat.

video card is a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128mb AGP

runnin on a asus board with a P4 3.2ghz 800fsb
also running corsair 1gb 333mhz ddr

I have checked for over heating on the video card the card is clean and the heat sink seems to be in good shape and the fan kicks on when powered up. The intire case is a Vader Power Cool Pro Has to top fill fans and two back exhaust fanse for air flow through the case according to the temp control panel it is staying right around 73 degrees inside the case...

Everything is farely new except the card it has about 2 years on it now I beleive. Maybe it is time for a change just wanted to get some input first. I am thinking of going to a Radeon 256mb 9250 I hear the catalyst drivers for those are pretty good. just do not want to spend the money if that is not my problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts