1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video-Editing PC - Need Advice Choosing Mods

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kainevan, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kainevan

kainevan Thread Starter

Im a Beginner PC modder, Never done it before, but i constantly find myself needing a higher performing PC, Im not interested in Mac's because frankly they irritate me. First time so please explain everything as if your talking to a 5 year old, Thanks...

Basically, Im modding a new PC. it's my first time and im looking for some advice, Im a Video-Editor and animator so processing and Ram is very important. I already have...

2 x Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT Super 1gb Graphics cards (For dual monitor setup)
    2 x Elite DDR2 4gb Ram memory sticks
    1 x 64bit version Vista
    1 x 500gb Sata hard-drive (sorry im unsure of specifics for the HDD)

I need to buy everything else to run this PC on a Budget of £300-£400
    Please can anybody reccomend me parts which are definetly compatible with the parts i have already listed.

I would like a quad core processor (One that supports 64bit vista)
    I particularly need to know which motherboard to buy (One that will support 64bit processor)
    The motherboard also needs to support my graphics cards and have 2 Ram slots for the 8gb ram i have.

I have absoloutly no idea what AC unit i should buy, fan?, heatsink? cooling? cables? case?
    these are things i really dont want to overlook, but in basics, I need, Motherboard and all the extras and a Processor, which is all compatible with eachother and will support vista 64bit and my graphics cards.

If somebody gets back to me with some good advice about what i should buy/do on my budget i will give them a written thankyou on www.forums.techguy.org and a million pounds (maybe not the latter)

Thanks in advance, Kaine

(EDIT: please note, i already have monitors, keyboard and mouse, i just need to buy the parts mentioned above)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice