1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Editing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by foloyd, Jul 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foloyd

foloyd Thread Starter

Hey guys,
    I have a video that needs some editing and I don't have any ideas on what software I need to get. I need to trim some excess area off the top and bottom of the video and also change the aspect ratio. What program do you all suggest for these changes?

Oh yeah, its in mpeg format right now. Prefer to keep it that way for quality's sake.

2. Snixe

Snixe

I don't know what version of Windows you're running, but newer versions include Windows Movie Maker in which you can edit video. Movie Maker is very basic and there's not a lot of help, even in the help file, but if it's on your system, try it and play with it. It should be in Programs, or in Accessories.
    I have some software from InterVideo called WinDVD Creator, which has editing capabilities. There might even be some freeware or shareware at www.hotfiles.com. Go there and input "video editing" (without quotes).

Sally

3. paul selhi

paul selhi

Camtasia studio by Techsmith is worth a look

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/245850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice