1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Editing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rutter, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rutter

Rutter Thread Starter

Right here goes,

Im looking to be able to convert VHS to mpgs a friend told me by getting a card with composite video input and using adobe premier I should be able to do this, any one know of any half decent cards or any info about what im looking for?

Chris:rolleyes:

2. RonK

RonK

ATI Radeon 64 VIVO has video in and out also has an s-video connection.

3. active95

active95

it boils down how much cash are you willing to put down.
    You can get something from Pinnacle Studio http://www.pinnaclesys.com/productpage.asp?templ=8&Product_ID=489&Langue_ID=7that will do pretty much everything ( short of french fries :D)
    On the other hand if you're on a budget ( and like the rest of us you probably are ) then a ATI will do the trick.
    If you're not to picky about the quality can even go with a TV tuner card and WinDVR software...( which will record in mpeg 2 if you so desire )

4. captainbaldo

captainbaldo

If you simply want to capture video to your computer, an external capture device may be the simplest and most cost-effective way to accomplish what you want to do. Check out www.dazzle.com for some pretty good capture devices. If you want to edit the video, then output back to VHS, they have devices for that too, but you might be better off with an internal card then.

5. Rutter

Rutter Thread Starter

Listen fellas thanx again, I'll c what I can do!:)

Chris

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/68733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice