1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video editting with iPhone clips

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by JO862130, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JO862130

JO862130 Account Closed Thread Starter

I've recently been getting into filming. I've just been using my iPhone 7 because I can't afford a new camera at the moment. I also downloaded a few different free video editing software (Da Vinci Resolve, Shotcut, Hitfilm) on my HP 15 Notebook laptop. My iPhone clips are fine to play through windows media player, but when I put them in any of my editing software they play back really choppy and it makes it really hard to edit. I half-fixed the problem by exporting my iPhone clips through the Splice app on my phone and it make the playback on the software smooth. The only problem is that I still can't apply filters or change the speed of the clips during editing without it becoming choppy again. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I can make the video clips run smooth at all times during editing. Any help would be much appreciated.

PS I'm not very tech savvy so take it easy on the big words haha

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    might be that your computer or graphics card is not compatible for HD video editings.

3. JO862130

Would there be anyway to update the graphics card?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What is the exact model of your HP laptop? Look on the bottom or under the battery, might be something like 15-1234us.

5. JO862130

The model number is 15-r030wm

And I think it's worth mentioning that I've edited HD videos with these editing software. But the videos were downloaded from other places

6. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Maybe your video is not compatible with your video editing program. You may want to try to convert the video into another format (AVI, Mpeg-2, etc.).

7. JO862130

Yeah I actually tried that too. The clips still didn't play through smooth when I tried to edit them

8. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    The only thing I can think of is an update to your graphics card that is causing this problems. You may want to roll back to the previous one you had that was working well.

9. JO862130

I've never changed it so there's no rolling back haha. How would I go about updating it?

10. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    What OS does your laptop has? W7 or W10

11. JO862130

I have windows 10

12. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Windows 10 automatically updates your video card. I have had that problem too.

13. JO862130

I'm not sure what you mean. If it automatically updates shouldn't that have solved my problem?

14. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    I also have old programs for editing videos. If I update my video card some transitions and other things may not work properly. The newer versions of my video editing programs may work well with new new video updates, but they are kind of difficult for me to learn. I just keep the one that worked great for me and I have not updated my graphics card since. I had to turn off all automatic updates and that did the trick for me. (I don't really need them anyways since my desktop is not tested for Windows 10). Windows 10 has automatic updates installs every single driver automatically when available even if you don't want it installed.

15. JO862130

I have the newest versions of all my programs and (I'm assuming) the newest graphics card update. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean that things should be working smoothly?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1181636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice