Video Failure on Windows 10 Installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ave989

I was attempting to install Windows 10 on my PC, which was already running Windows 7. The installation seemed to fail partway through and after resetting the computer it no longer show on the display. The PC turns on, the fans still run, and the lights turn on, but no display. I've tried multiple different displays and the connecting wires. I have attempted to rest cmos, run is safe mode, power cycling, and pretty much everything I could find online. I'm just not sure how to fix the problem as I'm not completely sure what the problem could be.

Get the latest Windows 10 setup by using MS Media Creation Tool to generate a DVD or USB memory stick. Boot with it and do a Custom install, erasing all partitions.

Ave989

Get the latest Windows 10 setup by using MS Media Creation Tool to generate a DVD or USB memory stick. Boot with it and do a Custom install, erasing all partitions.
I've tried to do that. I have USB with the Creation tool on already, but when I boot the computer with it in the drive it doesn't seem to do anything. And since I can't see anything I can't tell if there is some option I have to choose to start the install.

You need to run the Media Creation Tool and it will erase the USB and write the Windows setup files to it.

managed

Allan
Do you have no display at all, even when you have just switched the computer on ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online