1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video file causing explorer to hang

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Aixtase, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aixtase

Aixtase Thread Starter

Hi all!

I currently have a video on my disk in a folder (yes I needed to specify this :p ). My problem happens when I go into this folder: windows hangs, and when I hit CTRL + ALT + DEL I see drwtsn.exe running. When I close it down exporer just restarts. This problem happens with no other video file I have.

I have tried: renaming the video and the folder (done quickly before windows freezes) aswell as placing the file on another partition (though I can't do this because windows hangs when I try to move it).

I have a 'clean' computer meaning it's always kept free of viruses, spyware, adaware and all my security programs are updated and executed regularly.

This problem is pretty annoying as there are other files in this folder that I can't always access in time! Any help to solving this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

Ed

2. bubblz

bubblz Account Closed

What format is the video file? Do you have a program that will play it? Has it ever played? Have you tried booting up in safe mode and moving it to a folder of it's own / trying to play it?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!