1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video file won't play back sound

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by cbaluyot, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cbaluyot

cbaluyot Thread Starter

A friend of mine sent me a video clip and I was able to view it perfectly the first time around. I tried playing it again, but this time their was no sound and no movement in the spectrum analyzer. My friend did not experience the same problem and tried sending me the file again, but it still would not play the sound. Is there any way I can restore the audio to the file?

2. GuiBou

GuiBou

Have you tried just to reboot the computer ?
    If it's still not working maybe it's something with the codecs of your media player.
    Which software do you use to play it ?
    It can depends on the camera brand...Quicktime is used a lot for digital camera movies.

3. cbaluyot

cbaluyot Thread Starter

I just realized that the first time I saw it, I was using headphones to listen to audio on my computer. Why can I only hear sound when I use head phones rather than through my speakers?

The file is in .avi (XViD) format.

4. GuiBou

GuiBou

Do you have sounds sor other things ?
    Maybe you need to install the right "codec" to decode the video.
    Try a search in the forum here with that word...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice