1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video From PC onto TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigdaddysjm09, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdaddysjm09

bigdaddysjm09 Thread Starter

been a while since i've been on here ... mostly been taking care of issues that i have on my own from reading up on posts ... trial and error ... and good old studying .... got a flat screen philips TV here .... and a computer i watch ridiculous amounts of movies on ... TV has HDMI ... S Video ... and the plugs in the back for HD Video from one of those set top boxes ....

computer however does not have HDMI which is the way i wanted to go ... looked up a few things asked a few friends and they told me about some things that SHOULD work .... but i wanted to post here and ask about what cable type i use to accomplish displaying my computer screen on the TV instead of my monitor ....

anyone got any advice

????

2. fodelement

fodelement

Hey,

Is it a desktop you have or a laptop? Also if the TV has VGA slots, you can use that as well. The only down side to using anything then HDMI (or dvi-d) you don't get audio with any other cable. You would need a VGA cable + and AUX cable or S-Video + AUX cable, if you wanted sound + picture.

If you have a desktop, adding a simple graphics card with an HDMI port on it, will correct this issue as a whole. Just make sure the card had an SPDIF connector, as well as your motherboard.

Good luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice