1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video game goes into safe mode or freezes

Discussion in 'Games' started by CelticKoK, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelticKoK

CelticKoK Thread Starter

I refomatted my harddrive and now if i try to play a game one of two things will happen. I either go into safe mode or the game freezes. Also the game is to large to fix on the screen. I mean it appears that its in safe mode where the screen is blown up. I'm very new to this computer stuff and could really use some help. How do i find what video card i have?

2. brianF

brianF

Did you reinstall your drivers for your video card and also download and reinstall directx from microsoft.

3. CelticKoK

CelticKoK Thread Starter

I'm having problems with my video games. I recently repaired computer installing a new cd rom and I've updated my direct x driver and also updated the display drivers and touch pad drivers and also tried changing the graphic and lower my colors. when i go to play the video game appears to large for the screen. I've been looking all over the site for an answer with little help. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the game. my display driver is a Rage mobility m1 agf. Also when I check all of my devices everything seems the be working correctly. when i downloaded one of the display updated the screen was a little less larger
    then before. I tried compaq and the game company and they all tell me to do things i already have and then blame each other. I've tried loading a few different games and it will either freeze (if i get that far) or won't even go to the startup screen. If you want some more info like what device types i have i will post. At this point i'm totally lost and you guys are just about my last hope. Please help!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice