1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Glitch?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MsFrogette40, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsFrogette40

MsFrogette40 Thread Starter

Is my monitor just going haywire, or is it my video card?
    Here's the dillema:
    I'm playing a game online when my monitor all of a sudden goes black with thick, white, vertical stripes. Once it went lime green with vertical, multicolored stripes.
    And just a few moments ago, it just went black.
    When this happens I cannot shut the monitor off without pulling the plug, not even if I reboot the system.

My video card is an MSI NX 6200TC (NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache)
    My monitor is a MultiSync LCD 2010X 20" XtraView
    My computer: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz, 1 GB of RAM

This only happens on occasion, but it's got me baffled. Any clues?
    Thankyou,
    Froggy

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Could be the video card but as you reboot the System and still it stays the same points more to your monitor......try re-seating your video card and blowing out the slot..

check the cables to the monitor are secure and not damaged......

If it happens again pull the monitor plug to the PC out and see it that affects anything.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice