1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Graphics Problem PLEASE help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Matorian, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Matorian

Matorian Thread Starter

I have been having this problem for a long time now but I can never get it fixed.

Heres my problem:

I have a Radeon 9000 Pro 128 Mb Graphics Card. Whenever I try to play a game which uses 3d, the 3d graphics are screwed up big time. The 3d is all wobbling everywhere, and it just looks VERY nasty and ruins the game.

However, whenever I change the settings to "Software Rendering" the graphics are just fine but not at great quality.

Now for DirectX Diagnostics this is what happens.

Whenever I go to run dxdiag, it opens etc. Whenever I click on "Test Direct3d" it runs me through some tests.

First it says "This will test Direct3d on this Device. Okay to proceed?"

Then after that, it says "This will test use hardware-accelerated Direct3d 7 Interfaces". So I do that, then it goes full-screen and shoes a 3d Box spinning, the problem is the box is all distorted while spinning and whobbling everywhere and looks nasty.

After that test I it says "This will test use hardware-accelerated Direct3d 8 Interfaces" then after that test it does Direct3d 9 interfaces.

When it tests 8 and 9 Direct3d Interfaces the spinning 3d box is just fine, its perfect, its beautiful, just absolute perfect. Nothing wrong with it what so ever. It ONLY the direct3d 7 interfaces that it screws up and looks ugly on. I do not know why it does this.

I have Windows XP Professional. Its the full version I just bought from the store and installed.

Now everything runs fine on my computer right now, the graphics are ok except for the 3d. I dont know why it does this but I have had the problem for a while now and I dont know how to fix it. If I install the drivers thats on the official website, when i restart my computer, my computer usually loads with funky distorted letters, then freezes then has to restart. Does it all the time and I dont know why.

I bought a new video card with an old version of Windows XP that I had. The brand new video card didn't even work when i installed it etc. It loaded and was all distorted as well. That lead me to believe that my windows xp was corrupt and I needed to install a new version of it, nice clean copy of it and so I bought it for $300.00. I still got the problem, 3d is screwed up.

If anyone can help me because this seems like a lost cause that will never get off my shoulders. I have tried, tried tried tried and tried so many times to fix it but I cant get it fixed. Someone please help me.

Thanks.

2. putasolution

putasolution

You might want to try turning off the anti-aliasing

3. Jeerajat

Jeerajat

set the agp settings in BIos Correctly

4. milomorai

milomorai

you should also download the newest drivers for the card-that usually clears up most problems

5. ChuckG

ChuckG

Also....it sounds like you have a driver problem.

If it were me, I'd start my machine in Safe Mode, then go to the Device Manager and right-click on every entry under Display Adapters and uninstall them. Then I would stay in Safe Mode and install the latest drivers for the card.

Then reboot and check things out.

6. milomorai

milomorai

good idea chuckg but better to uninstall drivers then boot normally w/standard vga driver and then reinstall drivers and update them as needed - especially with Nvidia chips. they have to be installed from a base vga start or they get corrupted - i know the hard way!! didn't do that one time and hosed my system for two days.

7. Matorian

Matorian Thread Starter

how do I turn off anti-aliaising?

and what would be the problem with my 3d graphics. When DirectX 8 and 9 interfaces work fine but 7 interfaces dont work worth a flip.

I checked my CMOS settings everything is set to AGP which is what im using. I have the latest drivers.........

So what the heck could be the problem. I have done everything possible so far.

Boughten new Video Card - Same Problem.

Installed New Windows XP - Same Problem.

Got the new drivers - Same problem. 3d is always screwed up.

This is so frustrating I feel like pulling my hair out and just suiciding atm.

8. putasolution

putasolution

Have you tried re-installing DirectX

9. Matorian

Matorian Thread Starter

its a newly installed full version of windows xp pro. I shouldnt have to re-install directx.

10. putasolution

putasolution

Try DirectX 9b

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice