1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video hosting site

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tkh, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tkh

tkh Thread Starter

Hi guys,

does anyone know of a video hosting site will can take WMV videos? Most sites i tried change it to a flash file which is not what i am looking for. Thanks

regards
    tkh

2. Duckman69

Duckman69

veoh.com doesnt change the format, but it also doesnt accept all formats (mostly the issues lye in the embedded audio format so you would have to upload and see if it works, you can try to use a audio . video converter if you run into that issue like IVC internet video converter...) i had the same issue a few times its really annoying finding sites that dont do that as they do it to save space it will turn a 700-800mb wmv or avi into a 200-350mb .flv

3. Duckman69

Duckman69

oh and you cant watch live stream clips that are over 1 hour long but they do have an embed clip thing you might be able to view full clip if you embedded it somewhere but probally not just thought id let you know though...

4. tkh

tkh Thread Starter

hmm basically i just want to build a playlist of videos using websites like this http://www.htmate.com/myplaylist/.

However, this playlist generator website only accepts videos in wmv format, but most video hosting websites convert the uploaded video to flash format due to space constraint, so I am just wondering if anyone out there has any idea which video uploading wesbite keeps the uploaded video in wmv format.

thanks very much

tkh

5. Duckman69

Duckman69

hey is that site for mixing audio & video tracks to dub stuff over? or just for storing and making a private or public play list for friends ? just curious, again all i know of is veoh.com but maby some1 else will post a site if you dont get a site you like you should just try uploading a small wmv clip to as many sites as you can ... some reason i think uouo keeps the files in origional format but im not 100% on that and its in chineese so you need to use hte google translator to upload to them unless you can navigate threw it with patients...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice