1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video install poblems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 2qts, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Swiper

Swiper

Oh crap, i remember something that happened to a friend of mines computer a long time ago with a similar problem.

I know this sounds weird, but it is quite possible the hard drive is failing.
    If you know the make/model of it, i suggest going to the manufacturers website and find their HD utility/testing program to be sure.

the portion of the drive in which this "driver /driver files are being stored " is bad
    See if you are able to defrag the drive and then install the drivers.

I do believe in my friend's instance, the drive was so bad, the defrag would not complete at all.

good luck
    Swiper

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Actually It may not be and probably isnt really Compatable with your system. If you read your manual that came with the Video card it probably has a warning right near the front that 4X/8X cards may cause problems when installed in an older 1X/2X AGP slot. The voltages are different between them.

3. 2qts

2qts Thread Starter

i don't think that's it. it's a new wd 100 gig hdd.

4. 2qts

2qts Thread Starter

i got no user manual with this card. just instructions on how to install it . and how to install the ati drivers or the nvidia drivers.

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  6. 2qts

2qts Thread Starter

if i should try a pci slot video card, do you that would work? that way there would be no 1x 2x 4x 8x.

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  8. 2qts

2qts Thread Starter

thanks for all the input. i must be going to work. i will check on that 1x 4x 8x more tomorrow and will get back to the forum.. thanks, 2qts

9. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If you use a PCI Video card it should work with no problem. If you have an onboard video, Which I didnt see in researching your motherboard btw, ou can disable it in bios.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice