1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video is jumpy when playing PC games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Outsider, Jul 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Outsider

Outsider Thread Starter

Whenever I am playing PC games (eg. Sims, Tycoon games) I notice that my video is jumpy, or it pauses as if it is buffering. I have more than enough memory (1GB) in my system. Windows XP Pro. My hard drive is a 180GBB which was recently defraged. My CPU is a 2.6 Celeron. My video right now is an Intel integrated adapter. I also noticed that my CPU usage is at 100% when the game is active. My question is if this is a CPU or a Video problem? I am thinking of purchasing an 128MB AGP Video Card. Another thing is that the game is running from the CD-ROM. Any suggestions.

P.S. I have my system setup for Best Performance.

2. brite750

brite750

I wouldn't think you would need a fancy card for those kind of games, do you have an option of loading the game onto the hhd?? if so try that, but hey, I'm always up for a new video card.

3. Outsider

Outsider Thread Starter

Unfortunately I am not able to load everything on the HD...I haven't checked the buffer size of my CD-ROM yet. I guess I'll see if I have any similar games that are loaded on the HD and see if I get the same problem. May just be the buffer of my CD-ROM.

4. brite750

brite750

That could be

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/253783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice