video lags

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gumma1030

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew what I can do to solve my video lags on youtube or any site that plays videos. I have to wait for the whole video to load, then play it for it not to lag, which is really annoying. My computer works fine, its not slow or anything, but its just the videos. I have Windows Vista 32-bit. Please try to help :)

Hello gumma1030,

Does this happen with every single video you watch on YouTube?

Can you tell me what kind of connection you have to the Internet, and at which speed?

A few things you can try, if you are using Internet Explorer.

With Internet Explorer open, click on Tools at the top right(it may appear as a picture as a mechanical cog) and then click on Internet Options.

At the top right hand side click on Advanced. At the very bottom of the box click on Restore Advanced Settings, and then Reset.

Once IE has been Reset take a look in the list above for the section named "Browsing", undernearth you want to find and untick Enable Third Party Browser Extensions, Apply and then OK.

Bare in mind that streaming videos depends a lot on your Internet connections stability, loading websites and loading streaming videos are very different, gaining some information on how you connect may be helpful.

Thanks,

C.Skyco.

gumma1030

Yes, it happens to all videos.

I have a DSL connection. I took a connection test and my average speed was 58.2 Kbps

If I used Mozilla or any other web browser, the video will still take a long time to buffer, so its not my browser.

I did what you told me and reset my internet browser, but my youtube vids still lag.

Hello gumma1030,

What speed is your DSL connection?

58.2 Kbps is extremely slow, 10 years ago i seen ISDN connections which where operating much faster than that. Although sometimes speed tests can be a tad unreliable, it shouldn't be reporting as low as 58 Kbps.

Who is your ISP?

Are you connecting wireless?

Thanks,

C.Skyco.

You could try and upgrade to fibre optic or get an ADSL2+. Or you can change a few internal things such as stopping some unnecessary processes to do with the interent via the task manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE).
ONLY REMOVE PROCESSES THAT YOU KNOW WONT AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER DRASTICALLY.

-----------------------------
Check my own tech help website for more Q+A's.
http://www.snapwire.t83.net/

gumma1030

Ye, I think that test was wrong, because my internet loads quickly and i dont have to wait for pages to load up. Its only videos that take a long time to buffer, which is wierd.

I don't use wireless internet, and my ISP is AT&T

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online