1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Memory??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kwill, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kwill

kwill Thread Starter

When I try to run a program, it comes up
    '.... requires at least 12mb of available video memory'
    How do I free my video memory up or get more?
    Thanks
    Kieran

2. brianF

brianF

Noting your ati video card from your last post your only choice would be to purchase a new video card. Most newer cards come with sixty four meg now, high end have 128meg on board memory

3. kwill

kwill Thread Starter

alright thanks
    if i went to the shop and bought any video card (preferably a good one)
    would i have to worry about downloading drivers and stuff for it or would it all be set up when i install it?

4. brianF

brianF

You would have to uninstall and remove the current video card from device manager, shut down, remove and install the new card. reboot and let windows install it. Then you would have to load the new drivers from the cd or download.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice