1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 42gary, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 42gary

42gary Thread Starter

when i got my computer It had 11mb of oem video memory.After running some diagnostic programs (spinrite sandra) I found that my video memory was 0mb. How could this be.. I am having some extreme difficulties with my computer locking up as you can see from my other threads. help me. computer stats coming next.

2. 42gary

42gary Thread Starter

I wanted to make sure the first thread went through before my cpu froze up so I posted it early. heres my cpu specs. HP pavilion pentium III 533mhz oem video and sound cards with all possible updates. my system resources are at 95% give or take 3%. I defrag and run scandisk and registry editors up to three times a day because they help just enough for me to post threads or other small tasks. windows 98se is my OS I have done a clean install of windows taken the side cover off the cpu and added a 12'' fan just in case of heat probs. when i start windows i normally will end all programs in the background. what now I am out of options. HELP ME PLEASE.

3. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

Maybe you have a virus..

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Can you post the exact HP model. We can look it up on HP's website.

The video is likely onboard as HP likes to use these to keep costs down. It may be adjustable in the BIOS to assign more or less RAM to the graphics chip. 11MB is an odd number.

You definitely seem to have a hardware issue. Any errors? Maybe bad RAM.

5. 42gary

42gary Thread Starter

on the cpu case the model # is 8655c. But when I check the system information it comes up as an 8750c. The motherboard was replaced about 1 year ago as reccomended by the place of purchase. Maybe that is why the model #'s are different? I have 256k memory 128x2. I have tried them each individually but no difference. It took me 4 tries to reply this time:mad:
    Oh yah and when I went to the HP website the 11mb video memory is supposed to be the max. It is onboard.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/179837

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice