1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

video memory

Discussion in 'Games' started by haddo, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. haddo

haddo Thread Starter

Ive been trying to instal a childrens game for a friend the program is called digital arts and crafts.
    On her own computer the game doesn't instal just get error message.
    On my computer the program instals but at the end of the installation i get the message not enough video memory to run this program.
    How do i check for video memory and how do i increase it.
    Bothe computers run Winxp .
    Thanks in anticipation haddo

2. tony oh

tony oh

Happy birthday...soon:)

Seems to me like your going to have to buy a new video card:(

What game is it and what are your specs?

3. haddo

haddo Thread Starter

Its a childrens Fisher Price game ( system requirements proc 750mhz, memory 256mb, video graphics resolution 1024 x 768, video ram64mb) im not sure of the specifications of the womens computer.
    How do you determine what video memory is on the computer.
    Thanks again haddo

4. tony oh

tony oh

Try

Start>run and type "dxdiag" without the inverted comas.

Click on the display tab and it should be there...I'm on XP it could be different on vista if she has that.

5. haddo

haddo Thread Starter

I did that it shows i have only 32mb of video memory the game requires 64mb is the only answer to this problem buying a video card.
    The above is on my computer the ladies computer does not even try to load the game it seems to instal very quick then when you try to open the program it gives a error message.
    Thanks again haddo

6. tony oh

tony oh

The only thing I can think of is if she can raise the shared video memory in BIOS or maybe in the video control panel.

It could be something like UMA /video memory in bios.

Otherwise it's a new card I think.

7. sup2a

sup2a

i would suggest a new card myself... but that can be a little bit of cash and time (sometimes) buying a new game might save you a bit of time and money...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/683088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice