1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Monitor Blinked OFF and then On real slow

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by words, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. words

words Thread Starter

I'm fairly new to this forum so take it easy...

I was over to my sister's house where they had just had acquired a used monitor. My nephew and I hooked it up to see how it would perform and after booting up to the XP desktop, the whole monitor went to a dark screen (I didn't pay attention to the color it happened so fast) and then came back to the XP desktop. Essentially, it was like someone blinking their eyes real slow. It was maybe off (dark screen) for only 1 or 2 seconds but it kind of freaked us out.

It was an ENVISION Professional Series LCD Monitor EN7750. The computer is a DELL Dimension computer running XP SP2.

What troubleshooting procedures do you recommend? e.g. double check all cables are hooked snug and proper, etc. What component or feature of the monitor would you recommend testing. I have some diagnostic testing software for computer hardware that I can use. Do you think it is the monitor or the computer system?

Thanks for any links or suggestions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice