1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Video Multimedia

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by juls, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juls

juls Thread Starter

Hello - I have a question about video streaming online. I use a site to bet on horse races. The site offers video streaming to view the races using Windows Media Player. I have Windows Media Player V.9 installed. I have Windows 98 SE operating system. I have dial-up AOL internet service. My problem is, when I activate the video, it begins to buffer, but before it comes up the computer crashes and goes to the dreaded "blue screen" announcing a critical error. Would I need to reveal the actual error message? What is the problem and is it fixable?

Sincerely,
    Roy Hayes

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Get a local ISP that offers broadband and discontinue AOL. No Dial-up, AOL or not, will satisfactorily handle streaming video. You should have seen that after the second time it crashed when you tried it.

Get Sygate and install it via the colored link below. Restart your computer and run the on-line virus scan listed below via the colored link.

get on-line; Open a Internet Explorer browser windows and navigate to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and get all the Critical Updates and Service Packs, some must be done by themselves. Keep going back to that site until no Critical Updates and Service Packs are available. You see AOL uses Internet Explorer (IE), the AOL thing you see is just a 'skin.' For security and privacy issues you must keep IE updated often to protect your operating system.

That AOL didn't inform you of the updates needed and why, is clear evidence of how substandard the AOL ISP service is and how much it really sucks. :mad:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222454

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice